Tuesday, April 16, 2013


What's In a Name

After my first post, someone suggested I come up with a name for the new Blog. Personally, IHRIM Blog seemed adequate – simple, to the point. But, I will admit, not too catchy.

I researched the internet, looking to see what other blog names are out there and read tips for naming your blog. One site warned me that choosing a name for your blog is like choosing a name for a child, so I guess no “Aloysius”, “Poindexter” or “Rainbow Bright”. Another said to be descriptive. That prompted “Crazy HR Tech Lady Who Likes Cats, Cruises
, and Computers” (not necessarily in that order). But not sure that is the image I want to convey - never mind that you would never remember it (another tip).  A final important point - the name cannot be taken. So, "Tech Terminator" – Hasta La Vista, Baby!

I finally came up with a name that is original, descriptive, easy to remember and easy to spell: “IHRIM Eye”. In addition to the alliteration, it plays off the “I” that IHRIM is known for – Information. But more important, this blog will be your eye on the industry as well as the Association.

So, welcome to the IHRIM Eye!


I'll be back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment