Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Taking the Plunge

Welcome to the IHRIM Blog. I know we are a little late coming to the party, but due to a combination of time and priorities, starting the IHRIM blog kept getting put on the back burner.

But we are now ready to dive into the blogging water.

For those who are not familiar with us, we are the International Association for Human Resource Information Management – better known as IHRIM. We are a professional membership association – focusing on HR technology and HR information management. IHRIM is a community made up of HR systems and information management professionals – or anyone who wants to learn more about technology solutions supporting HR – to share knowledge, ideas and solutions. We promote professional development via our webinars, Forums, courses and professional certification program, the Human Resource Information Professional (HRIP); enable networking both face to face and through our member generated online community, CORE; and offer a variety of content and resources through our publications, educational events and CORE.

Our feature event is our preeminent annual conference and technology exposition which garners high praises throughout the industry. This year’s event will be held on June 2 to 5 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Check it out at http://bit.ly/IHRIM2013 and make plans to join us! (You will be hearing more about the conference in the blog in the weeks ahead where we will profile presenters and sessions as well as share other conference highlights).

As President and CEO of IHRIM, you will see my postings on a regular basis. But I plan to bring to this blog the thoughts and musings of IHRIM members and other industry leaders, or others who have something to share with you. For now, let me introduce myself. I am IHRIM’s chief executive officer, with 30 years experience in human resources, primarily in HR systems and strategic management. Before I joined IHRIM as a staff member, I worked in various HRIS and HR roles at a large financial institution in Boston. And I was an IHRIM volunteer, serving in a variety of leadership positions including Chairman of the Board. I hold an MBA from Suffolk University, an MLIS from Rutgers University (my first career was as a corporate librarian) and a BA from Farleigh Dickinson University. I have a passion for both IHRIM and the HR information management profession and I hope that I convey that in my blog writings.

This blog will not replace the Industry News section or the IHRIM Wire, but rather supplement the information and content we already provide our members and visitors to the website and on CORE. In this blog, we will cover both industry news and IHRIM updates, topics that which we feel are of interest to our readership.

With this blog, we won’t be treading water: we will be in the swim!

Regards - Lynne Mealy, HRIP

No comments:

Post a Comment